The IFR 4000 is a compact, lightweight and weatherproof unit designed for testing ILS, VOR, Marker Beacon and VHF/UHF communications avionics systems.
The IFR 4000, with its lightweight size (under 8 lbs.), long run time battery (8 hrs) and ergonomic design, will provide the user with the most portable navigational communications ramp test set on the market today. Cockpit and bench use testing can be easily interchanged. The menu driven functionality and guided test capability make this instrument extremely easy to use. Combine these benefits with the outstanding price and the user has an instrument that delivers total value.
- Accurate measurement of 121.5/243 MHz emergency beacon transmitter frequency, output power, modulation (AM). Headphone audio output to monitor swept tone (with Option 1)
- Accurate measurement of 406 MHz COSPAS/SARSAT emergency beacon transmitter frequency, output power. Decode and display of all location and user protocols (with Option 1)
- Accurate measurement of HF transmitter, frequency, output power, modulation (AM and SSB USB/LSB) receiver sensitivity
- Accurate measurement of VHF/UHF transmitter, frequency, output power, modulation (AM and FM and receiver sensitivity)
- Generation of ARINC 596 Selective Calling Tones
- Accurate measurement of VHF/UHF antenna and or feeder SWR (Standing Wave Ratio)
- Simulation of Localizer and Glideslope (CAT I, II and III) signals with variable DDM settings
- Swept Localizer DDM for coupled Auto Pilot testing (Simultaneous Localizer, Glideslope and Marker signals)
- Simulation of Marker Beacon, Selectable Airways (Z), Outer and Middle Marker Tones
- Guided Test capability cuts down total test time