The Micro OWL 2 is one of the smallest optical power meters in the world to offer so many features, including a 0.15 dB accuracy over its normal operating range. It is as feature-packed and accurate as optical power meters costing hundreds of dollars more. This combination of features, size, accuracy, and price make it a tremendous value for the optical fiber professional.
The Micro OWL 2 is a high accuracy, high resolution, microprocessor controlled, optical power meter. It has an small handheld case made from high impact plastic, a backlit, graphic, liquid crystal display, and 18-key keypad for easy data entry. It can be ordered with an integrated visual fault locator (in the place of the battery charger). The meter will operate for over 100 hours on a standard 9v battery and has built-in automatic shutdown.
The Micro OWL 2 includes a built-in Fiber Loss Wizard that helps you easily calculate the allowable loss for the fiber runs that you will be measuring. The meter stores physical fiber characteristics for eight different locations, or links. This includes: link name, date, fiber type, fiber length, connectors, splices, temperature, and calculated or entered reference power values for three wavelengths. In addition the meter will store up to 1000 measured data points with labels. Each value includes the fiber type and link. The stored information can be selectively viewed, edited (measured again), printed, or deleted. The meter will print formatted reports of selected stored data directly using the built in serial port, or all of the stored data can be downloaded to our free OWL Reporter™ data management and reporting software.
- InGaAs photodetector
- 2.5 mm / 1.25mm universal connector
- Multimode and singlemode ready
- NIST Traceable
- Separate zero reference for each calibrated wavelength
- Small, hand-held size
- Ergonomic protective rubber boot
- Built-in Loss Wizard certifies fiber links against a myriad of national and international cabling standards
- RS-232 interface for continuous data logging, report printing, or data downloading
- Up to 1000 stored data points
- Serial Data Interface
- Free OWL Reporter Software
- Long battery life - over 100 hours on one alkaline 9v battery
- Large backlit LCD display allows accurate readings in dBm, dB, and microwatts
- Battery life, stored data, temperature and power units indicator
- Versatile 18-keypad operation
- Measurement range: +5 to -70 dBm
- Absolute accuracy: +/- 0.15 dB
- Resolution: 0.01 dB
- Optional visual fault locator port - replaces the charger port