The FM Series Fiber Meters are hand-held, compact, lightweight, and easy-to-use battery powered optical power meters. Together with any of the Wilcom Fiber Sources, this team makes a perfect combination for accurately testing multimode and singlemode optical fiber systems.
The FM8515B Standard Power Meter offers measurements in dBm, dBr, and micro-watts. The unit can store a reference measurement for easy loss measurement calculations. The optical input port on the FM power meters accept any Wilcom thread-on style adapter caps. Adapter caps are required for operation and must be ordered separately.
The FM8515B measures optical power from + 5 dBm to -70 dBm with calibrated wavelengths of 850, 1310, and 1550nm making these units ideal for general singlemode and multimode fiber optic testing.
- Multiple Wavelengths: Time and cost savings with one power meter for multiple wavelengths
- +5 dBm to -70 dBm Dynamic Range: A wide dynamic range that covers a variety of multimode and singlemode applications
- Singlemode and Multimode Applications: One test set for all your power and link loss testing
- Hand-Held, Battery Operated for Field Use: Do not get stuck away from the truck with a dead meter; your batteries last longer, and our low battery indicator is an early warning system that gives you plenty of time
- Low Power Consumption: Each unit uses two commonly available AA Alkaline batteries to provide power for greater than 100hrs of continuous use
- Two Way Power: Each unit offers the convenience of two- way power. They can operate by using either AA Alkaline batteries, or optional rechargeable NiCad batteries
- Single Key Operation: Ease of operation is provided for by single key entry for wavelength selection , and optical power measurements