The E4428C ESG analog signal generator delivers outstanding spectral purity, level accuracy, output power, and analog modulation performance up to 6 GHz for all general-purpose test needs. This makes the E4428C ESG a superb choice for general-purpose tests requiring CW, AM, ØM, and FM receiver test signals in the cellular, ISM, and UNII frequency bands.
Single-Sideband (SSB) phase noise is an extremely important specification of a signal generator if it is to be used for measuring the adjacent channel selectivity of a receiver. Your test results might indicate a failure when your receiver is actually functioning properly if the phase noise of the signal generator is too high at frequency offsets equal to the channel spacing. The E4428C ESG analog signal generator will meet your demanding performance requirements by providing an SSB phase noise performance of -134 dBc/Hz at 20 kHz offset from a 1 GHz carrier. Other applications requiring high spectral purity considerations include LO substitution, low-jitter clock stimulus, blocking/interference signals, and in-channel measurements close to the carrier.
- Frequency coverage - 250 kHz to 3 or 6 GHz with .01 Hz resolution
- Excellent SSB phase noise - typical performance of –134 dBc/Hz at 20 kHz offset from 1 GHz carrier
- Superior level accuracy – specified performance of ±0.6 dB (fc < 3 GHz, > –110 dBm) and ±0.9 dB (fc > 3 GHz, > –110 dBm)
- High-stability timebase – standard oven-controlled crystal oscillator (OCXO) frequency reference provides improved frequency accuracy due to slower aging rate
- Broad output power - specified performance of –136 dBm to 17 dBm @ 1 GHz, 16 dBm @ 3 GHz, and 10 dBm @ 6 GHz
- Flexible analog modulation formats - AM, FM, ØM, and pulse modulation
- Wideband FM - DC to 10 MHz modulation rates combined with maximum deviations up to 8 MHz
- Simultaneous modulation - FM, AM, ØM, and pulse modulation may be simultaneous enabled and driven by dual internal function generators
- Internal modulation source - dual internal function generators with waveform choices of sine, square, positive ramp, negative ramp, triangle, Gaussian noise, uniform noise, swept sine, dual sine
- Configurable sweep modes - Frequency step, amplitude step and arbitrary list
- Backwards compatibly - same form factor and 100% code compatible with previous and current generations of all ESG signal generators