Empower RF Systems 2196BRL Test is your authorized Empower distributor.
Start Frequency 2000 MHz
Stop Frequency 6000 MHz
Output Power 80 Watt
Gain 48 dB
Operating Voltage Vd 100-240 VAC
Power Consumption Pd 700 Watt
Modulation TypeCW, Pulse
The Empower 2196 is suitable for high bandwidth, high power CW, modulated, and
pulse applications. This amplifier utilizes high power GaN devices that
provide wide frequency response, high gain, high peak power capability,
and low distortions. Exceptional performance, long-term reliability and high
efficiency are achieved by employing advanced broadband RF matching
networks and combining techniques, EMI/RFI filters, and all qualified
components. The amplifier is constructed with a 3RU drawer, including the
forced air-cooling. Available operating voltage configurations are singlephase
100-240 VAC up to 400Hz and 28 VDC.
The amplifier includes a built-in control and monitoring system, with protection functions which preserve high availability. Remote
management and diagnostics are via an embedded web server allowing network managed site status and control simply by
connecting the unit?s Ethernet port to a LAN. Using a web browser and the unit?s IP address (IPV4) allows ease of access with the
benefit of multi-level security. The control system core supports hardware encryption, runs an embedded OS (Linux), has a built-in
non-volatile memory for event recording, and factory setup recovery features. The extended memory option allows storage of
control parameters and event logs.
Empower RF?s ISO9001 Quality Assurance Program assures consistent performance and the highest reliability.
- Solid-state Class AB design
- Suitable for CW, AM, FM and pulse (Consult factory for other modulation types)
- Compact Modular design
- 50 ohm input/output impedance
- Built-in Control, Monitoring and Protection functions
- High reliability and ruggedness
What is an Intelligent Amplifier?
- Accurate input and output power metering based on user-selectable modulation mode
- With no software to install, monitor and control from your PC directly with peer-to-peer connection or on your local network
- Wifi control and monitoring by PC/Tablet/Smartphone when wireless router is connected to the amplifier ? no local network required
- Full access to internal metering helps identify system problems upstream, downstream, or internal to the amplifier
- Storage of user defined configurations for quick setup of your most common test scenarios
- Small size allows amplifier to be moved around as needed in your test environment
Automatic Gain Control (AGC) mode enables internal feedback to automatically fix the gain to the level you set so the amplifier gain remains flat across the broadband range of the amplifier. This mode simplifies your system design or test setup with benefits including:
- Input signal equalization for compensating gain variations no longer required
- Treat the amplifier as a calibrated gain block within your test equipment chain or system design
- Eliminate the need for external system measurements: couplers, power sensors,meter, and system software feedback loops
- Ideal for fast and accurate test setup and execution
Automatic Level Control (ALC) - when input signal varies, maintains user defined output without clipping.
Manual Gain Control (MGC) is the output power mode found in your typical high power RF amplifier. The amp is run in an open loop mode where the output power vs frequency changes due to device non linearities and variations of temperature. With this mode you can take advantage of the gain peaks to get the most output power available if your working in the associated frequency range.
User Output Power Control (Selectable)
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) - Utilizes internal feedback for flat gain output across the band
- Automatic Level Control (ALC) - when input signal varies, maintains user defined output without clipping
- Manual Gain Control (MGC) - user controls gain manually, runs like your typical amplifier in open loop
Measurement Modes (Selectable)
- The amplier reads the proper power level for your modulation type
- CW, CE (constant envelope modulation), FM, AM
- Digital Modulation- user inputs PAR (peak to average ratio)
- Multi-carrier / Multi-tone ? up to 16 tones
- Pulse Modulation
- Load VSWR 3:1 (6:1 at 1/2 Psat)
- Input Overdrive Protection
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Over/Under AC voltage protection
- Out of Band Drive Protection
Jon Jacocks explains how Empower amplifiers have disrupted the traditional radiated immunity set up by replacing it with a simple and elegant setup design. At the 2017 EMC SIPI symposium Washington DC with Thomas Stacy of BRL Test. BRL Test and Empower are working hand in hand to bring you the best amplifiers at the lowest possible price.