The ML2487B Wideband Peak Power Meter provides accurate peak power measurement for communications, wireless, and aerospace applications. For the design and implementation of wireless networks, they address the important issues of power control, peak power, and timing. The performance of the signal channel and the range of product features make accurate and precise testing of the power envelope of communication and radar systems easy and straightforward. The ML2487B supports single sensor input, and the ML2488B supports dual sensors inputs.
With their high sampling rate of 64 Ms/s, these meters offer accurate peak power detection for wide bandwidth systems such as those compatible with 802.11a/b/g, eliminating the need for manual correction factors found on the current generation of power meters. The ML2488B dual channel sensor input and display allow simultaneous monitoring of WLAN and Bluetooth® wireless technology enabled devices, providing crucial testing for the co-existence of the multi-standards.
PowerMax™ is a free graphical user-interface software, for the ML248xB (with firmware version 2.30 or later) and ML249xA Power Meter series (with firmware 2.20.001 or greater). It provides an enhanced visualization of instrument display and simplified remote control of the instrument. It runs on a standard PC running Windows XP or 2000, and communicates with the power meter via Ethernet interface (10/100BaseT) allowing remote control direct from a PC or Local/Wide-area network using Dynamic (Auto) or Static IP assignment.
- Frequency Range 50 MHz to 18 GHz
- Dynamic Range -60 dBm to +20 dBm
- Rise Time <18 ns
- Accurate power measurements related to all Bluetooth and IEEE 802.11 WLAN, WiMAX, and TD-SCDMA
- High Speed GPIB and Ethernet remote control
- Peak, Average, and Crest Measurements
- Built in Statistics, CCDF, CDF and PDF
- Free PC application
- Color Display: Display more information from the measurement on the high resolution color display using a graph or as a numerical readout
- Dual or Single Input: The ML2487B is a single input power meter and the ML2488A is a dual input power meter.
- Measurement Gates: The ML2480 Series has multiple gate measurement features that enable the accurate capture, display and measurement of systems with multiple pulses such as radar, radio location and communication systems. A choice of tabular readout or graphical profiles can be used to measure and display the power in each gate. 8 gates can be set in a repeating pattern for TDD (GSM, GPRS, TD-SCDMA, etc.) applications
- Limits Testing: The ML2480 Series offers two types of limit testing: simple pass/fail limits for CW applications, and complex profiles for pulse testing
- Save and Recall: Save up to 20 instrument settings
- Radio System Presets: Preset settings for major wireless systems enable the user to configure the power meter quickly and easily
- Secure Mode: Remove frequency-sensitive information from the power meter