The 71603B error performance analyzer addresses applications for high speed digital testing up to 3 Gb/s, including R&D and manufacturing test of lightwave components and sub-assemblies, advanced computer technology and high-capacity communication systems. For transmission systems up to 3 Gb/s, such as datacoms and CATV trunk feeds, the HP 71603B and HP 71603B Option 807 error performance analyzers (3 and 1.5 Gb/s) provide a range of PRBS and user-defined patterns with versatile triggering facilities.
Powerful application software to speed measurement time. The E4543A Q Factor and Eye Contour application software. Designed to simplify the characterization of high speed optical communication links, automatically calculating the Q figure of merit.
The E4544A OC-192/STM-64 application software automatically constructs SONET/SDH frames for functional test of network elements. Features including error and alarm generation plus CID stressing patterns.
- Frequency range: Pattern generator, error detector 100 MHz to 3 GHz (extended frequency options are available)
- Test patterns: PRBS 2^31 - 1, 2^23 - 1, 2^15 - 1, 2^10 - 1, 2^7 - 1 User-defined (max) 4 Mbit via 3-1/2 inch disk (MS-DOS® * format)
- Zero substitution: Pattern length (2^13, 2^11, 2^10, 2^7) - 1 bit
- Variable mark density ratio on patterns 2^13, 2^11, 2^10, 2^7
- Measurements: Error count/ratio, Errored/error-free intervals
- Clock frequency