The MP1800 Signal Quality Analyzer (SQA) is a measuring instrument that provides bit error rate and quality analysis for serial digital signals directly from 100 Mbit/s to 28 Gbit/s with configurations that support 50 Gbit/s. The modular design of the MP1800A Signal Quality Analyzer (SQA) series offers customers a flexible cost-effective solution for performing measurements at the ideal bit error rate.
The MP1800 SQA provides Pulse Pattern Generator (PPG) and Error Detectors (ED) in a single chassis. It allows for multi-channel support for parallel testing. Complicated searching for input thresholds or phase adjustments is simplified with the touch of a single key. It is ideal for research and development of 100 GE, optical modulators, high-speed logic, ICs, digital systems, and PON.
Bit error rates can be classified according to the following conditions and BER can be analyzed by separation into Transition Error due to degraded Data Tr/Tf and Non-Transition Error due to baseline noise:
- Insertion/Omission Errors
- Insertion Error: Error where 1 written at bit that should be 0
- Omission Error: Error where 0 written at bit that should be 1
- Transition/Non-Transition Errors
- Transition Error: Error at 0-->1 or 1-->0 bit transition
- Non-Transition Error: Error at contiguous 0s or 1s bits
Waveform quality can be analyzed quatitavely using versatile analysis functions:
- Eye Margin
- Q Measurement
- Bit Error Analysis using ISI
- Eye Diagram
- Jitter generation