USBcount50 is a new concept in USB Frequency counter products. PC based frequency counters deliver many user benefits including flexibility, ease of use and economy. They are an invaluable tool during design and debug of digital circuits and can be used to quickly to verify generated frequencies, pulse widths and duty cycles.
The USB interface has developed into probably the best and most widely implemented PC peripheral connection method and is a natural choice for the Frequency Counter.
USBcount50 combines very small form factor with high performance normally associated with much larger bench type products. Power for the Frequency Counter is provided via the USB interface connector, further simplifying the user experience. The input is galvanically isolated from the USB bus / PC ground meaning that signals from unit under test do not need to be referenced to the ground of the PC.
USBcount50 is small enough to be carried in a shirt pocket or laptop bag but uses a standard BNC connector.
- USB Interface
- Comes with Windows USBcount50 software for 98SE/2K/XP
- Measures frequencies up to 50MHz using internal reference periods of 0.1s, 1s or 10s. 100MHz count rates also possible if input signal amplitude is sufficient to trigger input threshold
- Measures periods from 10ns to over 268s using internal reference clocks of 100MHz, 10MHz or 1MHz. Using period mode allows reciprocal measurements for frequencies down to 4mHz
- 28-Bit internal counter gives huge 268 million : 1 dynamic range - almost no need to ever change range
- Input supply programmable to from 1.5 to 5.0V in 256 steps supporting most popular logic interface standards. Input is over-voltage protected to 30V
- 1Meg // 20pF input impedance
- Input is galvanically isolated from USB port to 300V Cat II
- Up to 4 units can be snapped together and share common clock
- Same form factor as the Elan USBscope50 Digital Oscilloscope
- Can be snapped together with a USBscope50 to form part of a suite of instruments
- Body is approx. 75mm x 31mm x 17.5mm