The PFM3000 offers high sensitivity frequency measurement from 3 Hz up to 3 GHz in two overlapping ranges. Period measurement is also provided from 8ns to 330 ms. The PFM3000 uses a continuous reciprocal measurement technique to provide high resolution at all frequencies with rapid update. It offers high sensitivity across the whole frequency range. A low pass filter can be selected to reduce high frequency signal noise at lower frequencies.
Despite its compact dimensions, the PFM3000 incorporates a surprisingly large 8 digit LCD. Annunciators are provided for measurement function, measurement time, overflow, trigger activity, low battery, and measurement units.
Despite its wide frequency range the PFM3000 has a power consumption that enables it to operate for many hours from a PP3 size battery. A push-to-measure capability gives a virtually instantaneous reading followed by an automatic power down after 15 seconds. This provides greatly extended battery life where continuous monitoring of the signal is not required.
The PFM3000 has the performance needed for many bench-top applications, and its built-in tilt stand sets the display at a convenient angle.
- 3 Hz to 3000 MHz in two overlapping ranges
- High input sensitivity over the full frequency range
- High impedance measurement up to 125 MHz
- Reciprocal counting technique gives superior resolution
- Period measurement from 3 Hz to 125 MHz
- Battery operation and lightweight, handheld format
- Push-to-measure function with auto power-down
- Large 8+ digit display with full range of annunciators
- Selectable measurement time; display hold function
- Noise filter for low frequency measurements