The industry s first PON-specific power meter, the PPM-350B is the flagship of EXFO s line of test instruments specifically intended for FTTH and FTTP systems. The PPM-352B-EG-ER is the ideal tool for FTTH/FTTP service activation and troubleshooting.
Optimizing network reliability requires that all PON signals be measured all the way through service activation to ensure they meet established standards.
Throughout the maintenance phase, various transmission problems fiber cuts, damaged/dirty connectors, macrobendings, optical transmitter failure, etc. may ultimately cause signal loss or degradation.
Benefit from the PPM-350B s troubleshooting functionalities.
- New PPM-352B-EG-ER: the only power meter truly optimized for EPON and GPON architectures
- Quick, on-site test and measurement of PON signals, anywhere on the network
- Fault identification and isolation
- Pass-through connection for ONT signal measurement and simultaneous measurement of all PON signals
- Filtered detectors for individual measurement of each wavelength
- Upstream burst detection at 1310 nm
- Pass/warning/fail indicators (10 threshold sets) for easy assessment of power values anywhere on the network
- Simultaneous measurement and display of all PON signals voice, data and video
- Filtered measurements, providing distinct power values for each signal (1310 nm, 1490 nm and 1550 nm)
- Two-port pass-through configurations* enabling full OLT-to-ONT communication while testing
- The most easy-to-use instrument of its kind: simply connect the fiber and read the results
- Extended-range for testing at the central office (CO) and before the splitter
- Go-anywhere versatility: enables quick, accurate testing all across the network