The Noyes OPM4 from AFL Telecommunications is a handheld optical power meter designed for measuring optical power in Premises, Telco, or Broadband networks and for performing insertion loss measurements on multimode or single-mode fiber optic links.
The OPM4 features automatic wavelength identification and switching (Wave ID) when used with Noyes OLS series light sources, multiple test Tone detection for fiber identification, and stores optical references for each calibrated wavelength. A large dual-wavelength LCD display with backlight shows measured power [dBm or µW] or insertion loss [dB], calibrated wavelengths [nm], tone signal [Hz], wavelength ID, and estimated remaining battery life.
The OPM4 optical input port accepts a variety of Noyes thread-on style adapter caps (ordered separately) to meet a wide range of testing requirements. The OPM4 offers a five-minute auto-off feature and long battery life from common AA alkaline batteries.
- Handheld, rugged, lightweight
- Multimode or single-mode applications
- Wave ID (auto identification & switching)
- Multiple-wavelength testing
- 270Hz, 330Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz Tone detection
- Large LCD with backlight
- Power measurements in dBm or μW; insertion loss in dB
- Reference power level storage
- Automatic power-off function
- Battery gauge
- Long battery life with 2 x AA alkaline
- N.I.S.T traceable