The Noyes OPM4-FTTx from AFL Telecommunications is designed to measure optical power in FTTH and other passive optical networks (PONs) that use 1490 nm for downstream data and 1550 nm for downstream video traffic. In addition, the OPM4-FTTx provides an integrated Visual Fault Locator (VFL) - 650 nm (red) laser for short-range fault location and connectivity testing.
Equipped with wavelength filters and a dual photo detector, the OPM4-FTTx can separately and simultaneously measure 1490 and 1550 nm power at the ONT or other points in an FTTx PON. A large, dual-wavelength LCD display with backlight shows power at both wavelengths (in units of dB or µW). A set reference feature may be used to compare 1490 or 1550 nm power levels (in units of dB) measured at different parts of the network.
The power meter and VFL ports accept Noyes thread-on style adapter caps and are compatible with angled or non-angled connectors. The OPM4-FTTx offers an automatic power shut-off feature, long battery life from standard AA alkaline batteries, and is fully N.I.S.T. traceable.
- BPON, GPON, and EPON compatible
- Simultaneous power measurement at 1490 and 1550 nm
- Power shown in units of dBm or µW
- Comparison of power levels in dB
- Integrated VFL
- CW or downstream BPON, GPON, or EPON
- Auto power shut-off feature
- Dual-wavelength, sunlight readable LCD display
- Compatible with APC or UPC connectors
- Standard alkaline AA batteries
- Handheld, rugged, lightweight
- N.I.S.T traceable