The Fiber OWL 4 is a high accuracy, high resolution, microprocessor controlled optical power meter. It has an attractive handheld case made from high impact plastic, a large, backlit, graphic, liquid crystal display, and 18-key keypad for easy data entry. The universal port accepts 2.5 mm connectors, such as ST, SC, and FC, and also comes with a 1.25 mm universal port, which can accept LC, MU, and other SFF connectors. It will operate for over 100 hours on a standard alkaline 9v battery and has built-in auto shutdown. An optional length testing light source can be installed for fiber optic link length measurements.
The Fiber OWL 4 includes a built-in link wizard that easily calculates the allowable loss for the fiber runs being measuring. The meter stores physical fiber information for up to eight links. Link information includes: link name, date, fiber type, fiber length, connectors, splices, temperature, cabling standard, and calculated or entered reference power values for two wavelengths.
In addition the meter will store up to 1000 measured data points with labels. Each value includes the fiber type and link. The stored information can be selectively viewed, edited (measured again), printed, or deleted. The meter will print formatted reports of selected stored data directly using the built in serial port, or all of the stored data can be downloaded to our free OWL Reporter software.
Contains a filtered detector typically used for telco and other ultra high-power application testing.
- Multimode and singlemode ready
- NIST Traceable at all wavelengths
- One user-definable wavelength: between 700 and 1700 nm
- Link Wizard certifies fiber links using fiber loss parameters from popular industry standards, including Fiber To The Home (FTTH), TIA-568 and Ethernet
- Two user-definable standards
- RS-232 interface for continuous data logging, report printing, or data downloading
- Auto-wavelength recognition (when used with OWL WaveSource light sources)
- Automatic dual-wavelength reference storage and data storage
- Stores information for up to 1000 data points in 8 different link configurations
- Serial interface for downloading and/or printing data
- Free OWL Reporter software (PC) for printing professional certification reports
- High resolution - 0.01 dB
- High accuracy - 0.15 dB
- 75 dB dynamic range
- 2.5mm / 1.25mm universal connector port
- Long battery life: over 100 hrs. on a 9v alkaline battery
- Large backlit LCD display
- InGaAs detector
- High impact plastic case
- Optional visual fault locator OR length testing port