The FM1317 WDM Power Meter is hand-held, compact, lightweight, and an easy-to-use battery powered optical power meter. Together with any of the Wilcom Fiber Sources, this team makes a perfect combination for accurately testing multimode and singlemode optical fiber systems.
The Model FM1317 offers measurements in dBm, dBr, and micro-watts. The unit can store a reference measurement for easy loss measurement calculations. The optical input port on the FM power meters accept any Wilcom thread-on style adapter caps. Adapter caps are required for operation and must be ordered separately.
The FM1317 measures power from +5 dBm to -70 dBm with calibrated wavelengths of 850, 980, 1310, 1480, 1550 and 1625nm making this unit ideal for singlemode, multimode and WDM fiber optic testing. Additionally, 2 kHz signal detection is performed by the unit for easy fiber identification.
- Multiple Wavelengths: Time and cost savings with one power meter for multiple wavelengths
- Singlemode and Multimode Applications: One test set for all your power and link loss testing
- A wide dynamic range that covers a variety of multimode and singlemode applications
- Hand-Held, Battery Operated for Field Use: Do not get stuck away from the truck with a dead meter; your batteries last longer, and our low battery indicator is an early warning system that gives you plenty of time
- Low Power Consumption: Each unit uses two commonly available AA Alkaline batteries to provide power for greater than 100hrs of continuous use
- Two Way Power: Each unit offers the convenience of two- way power. They can operate by using either AA Alkaline batteries, or optional rechargeable NiCad batteries
- Single Key Operation: Ease of operation is provided for by single key entry for wavelength selection , and optical power measurements