The FM-1318 FTTX Power Meter is a hand-held, compact, lightweight, and easy-to-use battery powered optical power meter. Together with any of the Wilcom Fiber Sources, this team makes a perfect combination for accurately testing multimode and singlemode optical fiber systems.
Model FM-1318 offers measurements in dBm, dBr, and microwatts. The optical input port on the FM1318 accepts any Wilcom thread-on style adapter caps. Adapter caps are required for operation and must be ordered separately.
The FM-1318 measures optical power from + 5 dBm to -70 dBm with calibrated wavelengths of 850nm, 1300nm, 1310nm, 1490nm, 1550nm, and 1625nm allowing this unit to test passive optical networks (PONs) at the three main wavelengths recommended by the ITU-T (G.983.3) for use in fiber-to-the-home (FTTH), and fiber-to-the-premise (FTTP) networks. The FM-1318 is also ideal for general singlemode and multimode fiber optic testing.
- Multiple Wavelengths: Time and cost savings with one power meter for multiple wavelengths
- +5 dBm to -70 dBm Dynamic Range: A wide dynamic range that covers a variety of multimode and singlemode applications
- Singlemode and Multimode Applications: One test set for all your power and link loss testing
- Hand-Held, Battery Operated for Field Use: Do not get stuck away from the truck with dead batteries; your batteries last longer, and our low battery indicator is an early warning system that gives you plenty of time
- Low Power Consumption: Unit uses two commonly available AA Alkaline batteries to provide power for greater than 100hrs of continuous use
- Reference Store: Unit easily stores a reference measurement making zeroing out the meter a simple step saving valuable time
- Single Key Operation: Ease of operation is provided for by single key entry for wavelength selection , and optical power measurements
- Modulation Detection: Unit detects 2-kHz and displays a visual indicator