The FM Series Fiber Meters are hand-held, compact, lightweight, and easy-to-use battery powered optical power meters. Together with any of the Wilcom Fiber Sources, this team makes a perfect combination for accurately testing multimode and singlemode optical fiber systems.
The FM8520 Smart Power Meter offers measurements in dBm, dBr, and micro-watts The unit can store a reference measurement for easy loss measurement calculations. The optical input port on the FM power meters accept any Wilcom thread-on style adapter caps. Adapter caps are required for operation and must be ordered separately.
The FM8520 measure optical power from + 5 dBm to -70 dBm with calibrated wavelengths of 850, 1310, and 1550nm making these units ideal for general singlemode and multimode fiber optic testing.
The unit stores 250 measurements per wavelength, and has an RS-232 port for exporting the data. Additionally, 2 kHz signal detection is performed by the unit for easy fiber identification.
- Multiple Wavelengths: Time and cost savings with one power meter for multiple wavelengths
- +5 dBm to -70 dBm Dynamic Range: A wide dynamic range that covers a variety of multimode and singlemode applications
- Singlemode and Multimode Applications: One test set for all your power and link loss testing
- Hand-Held, Battery Operated for Field Use: Do not get stuck away from the truck with a dead meter; your batteries last longer, and our low battery indicator is an early warning system that gives you plenty of time
- Low Power Consumption: Each unit uses two commonly available AA Alkaline batteries to provide power for greater than 100hrs of continuous use
- Two Way Power: Each unit offers the convenience of two- way power. They can operate by using either AA Alkaline batteries, or optional rechargeable NiCad batteries
- Single Key Operation: Ease of operation is provided for by single key entry for wavelength selection , and optical power measurements