The BOSA-C is the only high resolution and high dynamic range optical spectrum analyzer based on an all optical filtering technologies. Its unique, patented technology makes it possible to measure the optical spectra of signals such as lasers, modulators, pulsed lasers, or any other active device, with high reliability and speed.
The BOSA-C is the only optical spectrum analyzer that measures optical spectra with a top combination of high resolution (0.08 pm) and high dynamic range (>80 dB) at one time, for any span. This provides very detailed spectra, never seen on existing optical spectrum analyzers, which contain relevant information about the signal under test. Based on an all-optical filtering patented technology the BOSA-C performs very fast measurements and allows you to easily and precisely measure spectral widths and optical powers from which further analyses can be performed. The BOSA-C opens the door to the development of new measurement techniques and characterization methods of optical devices such as laser sources and modulators.
The BOSA includes advanced functions such us spectral width, total power integration, power meter, traces & markers functionalities, and hold max/min. These functions allow you to carry out a better analysis of the optical spectra. Additionally, other utilities have been developed to ease the implementation of BOSA applications and traces analysis.
- Range: 1528 nm – 1565 nm C band (L band under request)
- Resolution: 0.08 pm (10MHz)
- Dynamic range: > 80 dB across the complete range and for any span from 1 pm to full band
- Real time measurements
- Data storage: hard disk and external memory stick
- Advanced functions: spectral width, optical power integration, built-in Macro Editor Tool
- BOSA Trace Viewer Application: view and analyze BOSA spectra