Combining multiple test capabilities with unprecedented levels of field modularity, the JDSU T-BERD/MTS-8000 is a scalable field platform for provisioning and maintaining short-haul, long-haul, FTTx, Metro, CWDM, transport, data and DWDM networks.
The optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR) is at the core of fiber optic characterization. Allowing measurement of fiber link attenuation, attenuation coefficient, reflection, splice/connector loss, and point of error, all as part of the fiber distance function.
- Field installable single slot plug-in module for the MTS-8000
- Impressive speed and high performance testing (up to 128,000 acquisition points with 0.1 s real time sweep)
- Shortest event dead zone of 1 m, highest dynamic range of 44 dB at 1550 nm
- Automatic and advanced functions for maximum user flexibility
- Complete fiber characterization solution combining chromatic dispersion, polarization mode dispersion, and spectral attenuation testing capability in the MTS-8000 test platform
- Powerful report generation facilities using FiberTrace and FiberCable PC software