The CMA5000a Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) application reduces the time to install, commission, and maintain fiber spans. Featuring a multitude of available wavelengths, up to 50 dB of dynamic range, and dead zones of about 1.0 m, the OTDR application is the ideal solution for testing long-haul backbone networks, Metro/Access networks and FTTx deployments that incorporate passive optical networks (PONs). The CMA5000a OTDR application also features SCPI command support for remote operation or automated testing routines.
To satisfy the most demanding testing requirements, the CMA5000a series OTDR modules, feature a multitude of available wavelengths including 850, 1300, 1310, 1383, 1490, 1550 and 1625 nm.
For ultra-long haul systems, the CMA5000a OTDR modules feature up to 50 dB of dynamic range (enough to see approximately 250 km of fiber).
- Never obsolete - modular design allows new or additional modules to be added
- CMA5266 optical fiber type: Multimode (62.5 um)
- Sophisticated analysis software provides consistent and accurate fiber characterization
- Dedicated testing modes simplify commonly performed tasks
- Easy to use for any skill level - testing from fault location to advanced analysis
- Dual touch screen and hard key user interfaces ensure smooth and efficient operation
- Solutions for all network types: Metro, CWDM, ultra-long haul and PON based, FTTP deployments
- Complete fiber characterization from 8 available wavelengths
- Automated, on-the-box reporting