The ACCESS Master MT9081 Series are compact and affordable handheld battery-operated OTDRs designed for last-mile FTTx metro access network testing as well as most short- and long-haul fiber test and maintenance applications. ACCESS Master is a major improvement for metro area operation over existing OTDRs in terms of overall performance and ease of use, with optical power measurement capability and a light source as standard features. Its uniquely short 1m dead zone provides essential accuracy for analyzing problems in short fiber runs and typical FTTx applications. Its large 38.5 dB dynamic range makes it usable on fiber lengths up to 150 km (94 miles), easily meeting most OTDR requirements.
ACCESS Master has special features for professionals responsible for installing and maintaining fiber links to the premises (FTTP), home (FTTH), or curb (FTTC). A user-friendly keypad plus easy one-button measurements provide metro-area analysis and accuracy combined with service provider simplicity. A unique Ethernet/IP option allows users to test IP performance and connectivity accurately without the inconvenience and performance problems associated with using a standalone PC.
- Wavelength of 1645 - 1655 nm at 15 dB or less
- Lightweight at just 2.2 kg -- light and compact for easy use in the field
- TFT color LCD
- Standard features include an integrated OTDR, light source, and optical power meter function, enhancing the maintenance function
A visible light source (optional) can also be integrated at the same time
- Achieves 1 m event dead zone, which is both necessary and effective for short-distance optical fiber evaluation in FTTx applications
- Powerful capability for identifying the locations of adjacent fault points
- Optional Ethernet/IP test function can measure exact download speed up to full wire rate for 10M/100M BASE-TX or 1000BASE-T connections, so FTTx network performance can be evaluated without getting vague results influenced by the behavior of a PC
- Simple menu-based operation