The T-BERD 6000 is a compact and lightweight test platform designed for the installation and maintenance of fiber networks. It offers field service technicians the highest levels of performance and upgradeability on the market.
JDSU has developed a wide range of field-interchangeable OTDR modules that are suitable for any application on any type of network. JDSU offers over 30 OTDR modules for testing and troubleshooting any multimode or singlemode network. The T-BERD 6000 features the JDSU industry-leading 50dB UHD OTDR module.
The JDSU OTDR module product line is the reference for performance in the industry. The T-BERD 6000 features both the new VLR and UHD OTDR modules and offers:
- Best-in-industry optical specifications
- Highest dynamic range (50 dB at 1550 nm)
- Shortest event dead zones (80 cm for the VLR module)
- Best-in-industry data acquisition speeds
Modular in design, the T-BERD 6000 offers an extensive portfolio of test functionality, with over 40 different fiber modules supporting a wide range of applications, and is a single source for future fiber and photonic testing needs.
- Compact and lightweight for the field
- Future proof with over 40 application modules already supported
- Choose from IL/ORL, OTDR, PMD, CD, or WDM plug-in modules
- Application modules compatible with T-BERD 8000
- Backwards compatibility with existing MTS-5000 family OTDR modules
- Simple for the novice, fully featured for the expert
- Lightweight platform: only 2.4kg/5.3 pounds
- Large 8.4 inch transreflective TFT color display improves viewing under any conditions
- Intuitive graphical user interface with touchscreen option
- Extended battery life using smart Lithium ion cell
- Connection checker with VFL, power meter, and Loss Test Set and video inspection scope options
- Built-in optical talkset option for communicating along the fiber
- Unique automatic bi-directional analysis function available to save up to 50% test time for OTDR, IL, and ORL measurements
- Fast data transfer via USB, Ethernet port and 1Gb extended memory option
- Comprehensive suite of PC software tools for post-processing of test results with FiberTrace (OFS-100) and FiberCable (OFS-200)