The 2852 and 2853 are able to generate and receive all commonly used framing systems up to 34 Mbit/s, for both the European and North American digital hierarchies.
The instrument can be optioned as European or hybrid versions, and this includes an all bit rate version (European plus North American). Thus 2852 and 2853 have the flexibility to address global applications, including operation in International Gateways where there is a requirement to test mixtures of European and North American traffic carried on satellite systems.
- PCM and data pattern generator and error detector from 50 bit/s to 34 Mbit/s
- Demultiplex and monitor framing errors and alarms at 34, 8 and 2 Mbit/s simultaneously
- Generate and monitor test patterns, framed or unframed, at all hierarchical levels within 8 and 34 Mbit/s signals including 64 kbit/s and n x 64 kbit/s
- Data test interfaces: RS-232, X.21, V.35, RS-449 (V.36), RS-530 (2853), codirectional, contradirectional and EUROCOM (2852 & 2853)
- Data interface and analog channel access
- G.821,G.921, M.2100 and G.962 analysis
- Measurements include propagation delay, frequency deviation, frequency and level measurement, DTMF and CAS
- DC power and internal battery options
- Remote control via RS-232 or IEEE-4888 with optional PC applications software