SyntheSys Research introduces the latest member of the BERTScope family. The BERTScope SPG is a BERTScope pattern generator with the ability to add stress impairments to an internal or external clock. This makes it a cost-effective solution for testing in applications where non-BER measurements are used to calibrate the DUT, and BER is measured by the DUT itself or a legacy BERT. It is also ideal for production testing where stress is to be set up for multiple test stations.
Cost-effective stress generation for receiver jitter tolerance compliance testing for standards such as:
- Serial ATA
- PCI Express
- Fibre Channel 2x, 4x, 10x
The instrument provides calibrated amounts of common stress impairments. For ISI insertion there is the BERTScope Differential ISI Board to provide a known, well behaved frequency response impairment unhindered by suck outs and other response issues associated with low quality switching.
External sinusoidal interference (SI) output is designed to drive a JDSU OPTX10 reference optical transmitter for 10GbE receiver stress testing.
- Data generator from 0.1 to 12.5 Gb/s covering all popular high speed standards
- Calibrated insertion of the following stress types:
- Sinusoidal Jitter (SJ)
- Sinusoidal Interference (SI)
- Bounded Uncorrelated (PRBS) Jitter (BUJ)
- Random Jitter (RJ)
- Flexible sub-rate clock outputs with large selection of divider choices for driving devices under test
- Stressing of an external clock, including one with Spread Spectrum Clocking (SSC) for serial bus testing
- Full rate jittered clock output for driving additional legacy pattern generators for extra test flexibility
- Flexible pattern generation with intuitive RAM pattern editing and a library of common standards patterns such as Fibre Channel, and Serial-ATA