The Valhalla 3030A is one of the smallest, most cost effective instruments for the measurement and analysis of single and three phase electric power. It lets the user analyze energy usage and costs. You can evaluate power quality, troubleshoot wiring and equipment energy use, and perform true three phase measurements for less than the cost of a single phase instrument.
As a Demand Analyzer, the 3030A tracks power consumption, Energy, Cost, Harmonic Distortion, True Watts, Kilowatt-Hours (KWHr),True RMS Volts, Amps, True Power Factor (W/VA) and more. Graphs and individual waveforms can be uploaded to a PC for analysis.
The Valhalla 3030A capability includes: single and three phase voltage, current, power (watts), energy (KWHrs), cost, power factor (p.f.), total harmonic distortion, transients (spikes), frequency, duty cycle, and power cycles. It also stores in non-volatile memory two complete sets of waveforms (saves 14 signals- 3Ø) as standard.
The Valhalla 3030A also measures 3Ø delta voltages - (phase to phase voltages) and current levels as standard. Primary/secondary ratios for current transformers (CTs) and potential transformers (PTs) can be entered into the unit for recording of primary values when monitoring secondary outputs, to provide automatic scaling for energy measurements (Kilowatt Hours).
The Valhalla 3030A measures each phase to phase voltage and current in a three phase delta configuration. Total 3Ø power factor may also be displayed. The PC Control Analysis software provides simultaneous voltage and current measurement sequencing. There is no waiting or cycle time delays between the voltage or current data.
- 3 Voltage Inputs, 4 Current Inputs - A, B, C and Neutral Inputs for single and three phase (3 wire "delta" or 4 wire "wye") circuits - accepts user CT & PT ratios
- 100 Measurements each second - Answers to all common questions about electric power: present values, summaries and estimates
- Monitor Demand or Disturbances - Summary data available on the display, demand data logged values may be uploaded to a computer for display and analysis
- True RMS VA (apparent power) and True Power -Maximum, minimum, average and present value for each, regardless of waveshape or distortion level
- 12 Voltage Measurements - Maximum, minimum, average, and present value for each phase to phase voltage
- 16 Current Measurements - Maximum, minimum, average and present value for A, B, C and neutral currents
- Duty Cycle - Average "On" Time - Power Cycles-Estimated power cycles - per Hr., per day, per week - Great diagnostic tool for thermostatically controlled loads
- 16 Power Factor Measurements - Max., min., average/ present value of true power factor for each phase & total
- User Control of Basic Settings - Change logging period, time, date, greeting
- Internal Battery to Bridge Power Failures - Internal rechargeable battery pack can operate unit for 10 hrs between charges
- Transient/Swell/Sag Detection - Magnitude, duration, risetime, and time/date of worst transient swells and sags of at least 1 second in duration are recorded while monitoring consumption
- Elapsed KWHr & True Cost, Estimated Energy & Cost per Hr., /Mo., / Yr. - Actual energy use, energy estimates and costs are updated each second
- Peak Demand Period - Finds period and magnitude of the (maximum) peak demand - amplitude and time/date
- Real Time Clock/Calendar - Displays present and elapsed time of monitoring
- Easy to Use and Understand -Menu driven format