A high-quality-stimulus is crucial to the validation and characterization of today’s high-speed transmission systems. The new 81141A 7 and 13 GHz serial Pulse Data Generators provide what is needed to conduct physical layer tests e.g. precision low jitter signals or full control of data streams for stress tests. Their linear delay modulation is essential for jitter tolerance and jitter transfer measurements.
The new 81140A Series enables reliable physical layer measurements for high-speed bus designs and for scientists conducting fundamental lab research.
Versatile, highest quality pulse and data signals.
- Pulse, Data Pattern and PRBS generation up to 7 GHz and 13.5 GHz
- Differential outputs for data, clock, and trigger
- Trigger and external clock input
- Fastest transition times < 20 ps
- Data formats: NRZ, R1 and RZ
- Low jitter, high accuracy signals with Jitter < 1ps RMS
- 1GHz jitter modulation bandwidth
- PRBS generation from 25-1 to 231-1
- 32 Mbit Memory for long, “real world” patterns
- Sequencing and looping for protocol based data
- Event trigger capabilities
- Subrate clock for easy generation of reference clock