Series 3400 Pulse/Pattern Generators are the latest additions to the growing line of instrumentation with pulse generation functions from Keithley. They offer users extensive control over a wide variety of pulse paramters, including pulse amplitude, rise time, fall time, width, and duty cycle via the flexible user interface of the instrument or over the GPIB and USB interfaces. This operational flexibility makes Series 3400 instruments readily adaptable to the needs of a wide range of users, including nanotechnology researchers, research and education organizations, and semiconductor and RF device design and development departments. Built-in pattern generation capabiities simplify simulating serial data patterns when testing devices to characterize their performance when operated under sub-optimal conditions.
The Model 3401 is a single-channel pulse/pattern generator. It can source pulses at frequencies ranging from 1mHz to 165MHz with pulse amplitudes of up to ±10V (with 50Ω source impedance or ±20V (with 1kΩ source impedance). Pulse widths ranging from less than 3ns to 1000s in length can be programmed, with rise times as short as 2ns.
- Broad-purpose voltage pulse and pattern generation
- Programmable pulse parameters, amplitude, rise time, fall time, pulse width, and duty cycle
- Pulse and burst modes for material and device characterization
- Serial data pattern simulation for functional characterization tasks
- Choice of single-or dual-channel signal outputs
- 1mHz - 165MHz frequency output range
- Independently adjustable rise and fall times
- 3ns - 1000s pulse width range
- Four operating modes: pulse, burst, pattern, external width
- GPIB and USB interfaces
- 2U full-rack design