The N5162A MXG ATE RF signal generator provides the same industry-leading performance, reliability, and form factor (2RU) of the popular N5182A MXG -- all at a reduced price. This signal generator has been streamlined for automated test equipment (ATE) needs with the removal of the front-panel display and all connectors relocated to the rear panel for convenient and secure rack configurations. Combining the outstanding MXG performance with a base price reduction over the N5182A MXG signal generator, makes the N5162A MXG ATE vector signal generator ideally suited for today’s demanding production environment.
Simplified self-maintenance decreases time for repair and performance verification, keeping downtime to less than 2 hours using field-replaceable assemblies.
Option 506 is recommended for test cases that require CW, analog modulated, and vector modulated RF test signals at or below 6 GHz carrier frequencies. This option is ideal for popular communications systems in the cellular and ISM frequency bands, such as W-CDMA, cdma2000®, WLAN, and WiMAX™. Common signal generation uses include LO and clock substitution, interference generation, and reference signal generation for analog and digital components and receivers.
- Covers the cellular and lower ISM frequency bands
- Frequency resolution: 0.01 Hz
- Phase noise performance: -116 dBc/Hz at 1 GHz carrier, 20 kHz offset
- Output power: +23 dBm at 2 GHz with electronic attenuator
- Frequency switching speed with digital modulation on: 5 ms standard (SCPI mode & list mode) or 1.15 ms (SCPI) and 900 us (list) with Option UNZ
- TCXO time base reference provides excellent frequency accuracy and drift characteristics