N5183A MXG microwave analog signal generators deliver the performance needed for broadband component manufacturing up to 40 GHz. This instrument provides ≤ 900 µs frequency switching (≤600 µs typically) to improve test times for applications like antenna test and manufacturing, with a small size (2RU) to better utilize rack space. Excellent power and level accuracy make the MXG microwave a reliable stimulus for driving high power devices. The MXG microwave can be configured to meet your test needs today, from LO substitution and CW interferer to analog modulation for device characterization, and is easily upgraded to meet your needs in the future.
Every element of the MXG microwave is designed to reduce cost of ownership, from field replaceable assemblies to tools for on-site performance verification, instrument uptime is maximized with simplified self-maintenance and repair.
- 100 kHz to 20, 31.8 or 40 GHz
- +18 dBm at 20 GHz output power
- ≤ 900 µs frequency switching speeds
- ≤ -98 dBc/Hz typical phase noise at 20 kHz offset
- AM, FM, ΦM, and pulse modulation
- < 10 ns pulse rise/fall time and 20 ns pulse widths
- Digital and step sweep
- 100BaseT LAN, USB 2.0 and GPIB
- LXI class-C compliant
- SCPI and IVI-COM drivers
- Backward compatible with PSG, 8340, 8360 and 8370 Series signal generators