The 3217 is a synthesized RDS Standard Signal Generator covering 100 kHz to 140 MHz with CW, FM, and AM modulated outputs. It boasts an internal FM stereo generator, as well as FM multiplex RDS (Radio Data System) and TRI (Traffic Radio Information) signal generators.
- The standard signal generator includes an RDS signal generator and a stereo signal generator, making it ideal for use in RDS reciever production line applications.
- RDS patterns accommodate the EON (Enhanced Other Network) function.
- TRI signal generation provided as standard. Signals conforming to two USA/EBU systems can be generated.
- Up to 512 groups of RDS signal data can be stored internally, and up to 16 patterns of a maximum data length of 255 groups for each pattern can also be stored internally.
- Output level can be set in the range -20 to 126 dBμ (0 dBμ=1 μV, 50Ω, open circuit) in 0.1 dB steps.
- The frequency, output level, and modulation factor can be input using numeric keys, or rotary encoder and digit select keys.
- Up to 100 sets of frequency, output level, and modulation factor can be stored as presets in internal memory.
- All front-panel switches except the power switch can be remotely controlled.
- The GPIB interface (conforming to IEEE 488.2) is provided as standard, enabling direct use of the 3217 in GPIB-based automated measurement systems.