Covering the 100 kHz to 3.0 GHz frequency band, the MS2711B Handheld Spectrum Analyzer featuring a pre-amplifier (standard), a battery-operated, field-proven design so powerful, yet so small that it fits into your backpack. Its exceptional performance combined with ease-of-use and broad functionality makes it an ideal solution for field environments and applications that require mobility such as site surveys and on-site system test. Configured with an optional built-in Tracking Generator that adds scalar analysis capability from 10 MHz to 3.0 GHz.
The MS2711B also features several dedicated one-button measurements that make testing cellular, DCS/PCS and WLAN systems among other wireless systems easier than ever before. Measurements include channel power, adjacent channel power ratio, and occupied bandwidth measurements that can confirm the distortion level or channel power level of an AMPS, TDMA, CDMA or GSM transmitter. Additionally, the MS2711B can conduct a series of spurious measurements when analyzing a wireless base station transmitter, while the field strength mode allows users to measure propagation and coverage, or to pinpoint electromagnetic (EM) leakage in broadcast systems. Other new features include trace averaging for more accurate noise measurements; a multilingual user interface with on-screen menus and messaging in 6 different languages; and a 50-ohm interface that is adaptable to 75-ohms, enabling users to conduct measurements of 75-ohm systems without sacrificing measurement accuracy.
The MS2711B includes data analysis software, soft carrying case, rechargeable/field-replaceable battery, AC/DC power supply, and 12.5V automobile cigarette lighter adapter and users guide.
- Handheld, battery-operated design
- Built in pre-amplifier (standard as of August 2000)
- Lightweight at only 4.9 lbs.
- Noise Level < -115 dBm
- Quick Zoom-in, Zoom-out display in 1-2-5 sequence
- RBWs: 10 kHz, 30 kHz, 100 kHz and 1 MHz
- VBWs: 100 Hz to 300 kHz in 1-3 sequence
- Automatic and manual attenuator control
- Amplitude Accuracy +/- 2 dB
- Dedicated One-button measurements
- Trace Averaging
- Reference Level Offset
- Trace Overlay
- Multilingual User Interface (English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish)
- Store up to 10 measurement test set-ups
- Save up to 200 measurement traces
- Alphanumeric labeling of saved measurements
- Automatic time and date stamp of saved data
- Rechargeable/field-replaceable battery
- 6 Markers, limit lines and segmented limit lines
- 50-ohm Interface standard (75-ohm interface capability - instrument internally corrects for adapter loss)
- RS232 Interface
- Built in AM/FM demodulation
- Tracking Generator Option, 10 MHz to 3.0 GHz (option 20)