Anritsu MS2717A Overview
The MS2717A is the new Anritsu Economy Spectrum Analyzer with superior performance and advanced capabilities at a surprisingly affordable price. Designed for engineers and technicians needing advanced yet economical spectrum analysis tools, the MS2717A redefines the economy class by delivering impressive value that lowers overall cost-of-test on wireless components.
Covering the 100 kHz to 7.1 GHz range, the MS2717A easily handles most wireless frequencies. The hallmark of the MS2717A is the phase noise performance: typical -110 dBc/Hz SSB phase noise at 10 kHz offsets up to 6 GHz, which easily measures most wireless local oscillators and synthesizers. The superior dynamic range of 100 dB means fast and precise test of wireless components that require exceptional linearity. The wide 8 MHz capture bandwidth supports optional WCDMA/HSDPA RF measurements and WCDMA demodulation for testing of Node-B transmitters. Best of all, the MS2717A is ergonomically designed so controls are easy-to-learn and easy-to-use to improve productivity for manufacturing, R&D, and general purpose test.
Several smart measurements are built into the MS2717A, including channel power, adjacent channel power ratio, Carrier to Interference ratio (C/I), and field strength. In addition, an AM/FM/SSB demodulator is included. Demodulated signals can be monitored using the internal speaker or by using a universal 2.5 mm 3-wire headset, such as used with many cellular telephones.
The WCDMA/HSDPA RF measurements (option 44) and WCDMA demodulator (option 45) are a first for the economy class of spectrum analyzers. The signal analyzer mode frequency ranges are 824-894 MHz, 1710-2170 MHz and 2300-2700 MHz. For basic RF measurements, option 44 offers smart measurements of ACLR, multi-channel ACLR, spectral emission mask, and RF summary tables for quick Node-B analysis. For detailed demodulation analysis, option 45 provides Code Domain Power, Codogram, EVM, and modulation summary for detailed Node-B analysis. Pass/Fail mode is also available using the five 3GPP test models (reference TS125.141 specifications) to further simplify testing.
The MS2717A spectrum analyzer best in its class typical DANL of -153 dBm (10 Hz) at 1 GHz, resolution bandwidth (RBW) range of 10 Hz to 3 MHz and video bandwidth (VBW) range of 1 Hz to 3 MHz. It also has the fastest sweep speeds of any spectrum analyzer in its class.
The use of external Compact Flash memory modules allows an unlimited number of traces and setups to be stored. Remote programming using the Ethernet 10/100 Base-T connection is provided using SCPI programming. The Ethernet connection and the USB 2.0 connection give the user flexibility in remotely operating the instrument using remote access software from Anritsu, shipped with the product. Measurements and setups may be uploaded and downloaded using either the Ethernet or the USB connection.
The MS2717A is shipped with a User Guide, a CD ROM containing Master Software Tools and USB driver, a USB A-mini B cable, an Ethernet Cable, a 64 MB Compact Flash module. Every MS2717A has a one year warranty for parts and labor and is shipped with a certificate of calibration & conformance.
- Large 8.4-inch transflective color display
- Superior Displayed Average Noise Level typical < -153 dBm (10 Hz) at 1 GHz
- Typical Dynamic Range of 100 dB
- Typical Phase Noise of -110 dBc/Hz at 10 kHz offsets up to 6 GHz
- WCDMA/HSDPA Pass/Fail mode stores five test models listed in the 3GPP specification (TS125.141) as a reference for Node-B testing
- WCDMA/HSDPA RF measurements provides ACLR, multi-channel ACLR, spectral emission mask for quick Node-B analysis (option 44)
- WCDMA/HSDPA Multi-Channel ACLR measurement displays up to four main channels and up to four adjacent channels (option 44)
- Demodulate WCDMA signals and display Code Domain Power, Error Vector Magnitude, Codogram, and Modulation Summary (option 45)
- Typical residual ACLR of -60 dB
- Typical residual EVM of 1.75%
- True RMS detection
- Excellent timebase accuracy ( ± 0.3 ppm) using ovenized crystal reference (option 9)
- Typical overall amplitude accuracy ± 0.6 dB to 3 GHz
- Built in pre-amplifier (standard)
- An input damage level of +43 dBm (with 10 dB step attenuation)
- Automatic or manual input attenuator control: 65 dB in 5 dB/steps
- RBWs: 10 Hz to 3 MHz in 1-3 sequence
- VBWs: 1 Hz to 3 MHz in 1-3 sequence
- Dedicated smart measurements
- Total marker flexibility: 6 markers, 6 delta markers, 7 marker modes, and marker table display
- Trace Averaging
- Normal, Max hold, Min hold, user settable averaging (more than 65,000 traces can be averaged!)
- Reference Level Offset
- Three traces
- Multilingual User Interface (English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Korean, Italian)
- Capability to create two custom languages using Master Software Tools and download the languages into the MS2717A
- Store over 1000 test set-ups
- Save over 1000 measurement traces
- Save output displays in JPG file formats
- Alphanumeric labeling of saved measurements
- Automatic time and date stamp of saved data
- Multi-segmented upper and lower limit lines
- 50-ohm Interface standard (75-ohm interface capability - instrument internally corrects for adapter loss)
- AM, FM and SSB demodulation with built-in speaker and headset jack
- RJ45 Ethernet 10/100 Base T and USB 2.0 Interfaces
- Remote programming via Ethernet only
- Lightweight at only 12.5 lbs (typical)