Anritsu MS2719B Overview
The MS2719B Economy Microwave Spectrum Analyzer is designed to be an affordable solution for bench testing of microwave components, subsystems, and systems. Designed for engineers and technicians needing advanced yet economical spectrum analysis tools, the MS2719B redefines the economy class by delivering impressive value while lowering the cost-of-test. It serves both the R&D test bench as well as the production line applications.
With its upper frequency range of 20 GHz, the MS 2719B brings economic spectrum measurements to many commercial, as well as aerospace and defense microwave system applications. This includes high-technology systems operating in the Ku-band range. You can measure signal performance on a wide variety of microwave systems; radar, satellite and terrestrial communications, and complex military communications and defense electronics systems.
In addition to all those general purpose measurements you can also expand your testing capabilities with thirteen specialized optional wireless test procedures described below.
The MS2717B can be enhanced with up to 15 wireless options for testing protocols from GSM to Mobile WiMAX and TD-SCDMA.
The MS2719B offers a full suite of measurement features such as RMS detection, extensive marker functions, including counted markers, and marker noise measurements, limit testing, and AM/FM/SSB demodulator and more. A quasi-peak detector is standard and CISPR bandwidths allow for EMC pre-compliance testing.
To simplify measurements and ensure accuracy, several smart measurements are built into the MS2719B, including channel power, adjacent channel power ratio, carrier to interference ratio (C/I), and field strength. An AM/FM/SSB demodulator is included.
They also offer unexpected performance bonuses such as 65 dB range input step attenuator and 20 watt input protection which can significantly reduce the concern of damage by inexperienced operators. Optional high accuracy power meter functionality supports Anritsu’s 6 GHz PSN50 sensor with +/- 0.16 dB power measurement accuracy.
It also offers optional wide 10 MHz capture bandwidth and optional W-CDMA/HSDPA RF measurements and W-CDMA demodulation for simplifying test of Node-B transmitters.
The MS2719B spectrum analyzer has low phase noise of -102 dBc/Hz typical at 1 GHz @ 10 kHz offset, best in its class typical DANL of -159 dBm at 1 GHz in a 1 Hz RBW, resolution bandwidth (RBW) range of 1 Hz to 3 MHz and video bandwidth (VBW) range of 1 Hz to 3 MHz. It also has the fastest sweep speeds of any spectrum analyzer in its class.
- Built in preamplifier (standard) up to 4 GHz
- Lightweight at only 12.5 pounds (typical)
- Best in class Displayed Average Noise Level < -159 dBm typical in a 1 Hz RBW at 1 GHz
- Fifteen options for testing wireless protocols from GSM to Mobile WiMAX and TD-SCDMA
- Optional GPIB interface
- Phase noise meaasurement software
- Support option for high accuracy power sensors
- Quick Zoom-in, Zoom-out display in 1-2-5 sequence
- RBWs: 1 Hz to 3 MHz in 1-3 sequence
- VBWs: 1 Hz to 3 MHz in 1-3 sequence
- Automatic or manual input attenuator control
- Dedicated smart measurements
- Improved zero-span operation—Five markers available for time vs power displays
- Faster remote I/O and measurement speeds
- New advanced Limit Line creation capability—Pass/fail charts
- Trace Averaging
- Normal, Max hold, Min hold, user settable averaging (more than 65,000 traces can be averaged!)
- Reference Level Offset
- Three traces
- Multilingual User Interface (English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Korean, Italian)
- Capability to create two custom languages using Master Software Tools and download the languages into the MS2719B
- Store over 4000 test set-ups internally
- Save over 4000 measurement traces internally
- Save directly to compact flash memory
- Alphanumeric labeling of saved measurements
- Automatic time and date stamp of saved data
- 6 Markers plus 6 delta markers or choose one marker with 6 delta markers
- Multi-segmented upper and lower limit lines
- 50-ohm Interface standard (75-ohm interface capability - instrument internally corrects for adapter loss)
- RJ45 Ethernet 10/100 Base T and USB 2.0 interfaces including front panel USB 2.0 connector
- AM, FM and SSB demodulation with built-in speaker and headset jack
- Large daylight viewable transmissive color display