The MS2721B handheld spectrum analyzer is designed to conduct highly accurate analysis on the new wave of wireless LAN and cellular signals, including 802.11a, 3G, ultra-wideband, WiMAX, and wireless medical patient monitoring systems. The MS2721B is ideal for AM and FM broadcast proofing because the wide dynamic range and low phase noise make NRSC measurements on analog and IBOC signals easy with no need for an external carrier notch filter. The MS2721B is a small and easy to use portable spectrum analyzer with unprecedented measurement capability for applications up to 7.1 GHz. Weighing in at less than 7 pounds, it is equally at home on the engineering bench and in the field.
Other members of the B series family include the MS2723B that covers up to 13 GHz and the MS2724B that covers up to 20 GHz.
Options for this instrument enable the user to add WCDMA, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, and HSDPA measurement. Options for measuring and demodulating fixed WiMAX signals are available. The tracking generator option delivers specified performance from 400 kHz to 7.1 GHz. A GPS receiver can be added to allow measurements to location-stamped and to greatly improve time base accuracy.
Another option adds spectrogram, signal strength and RSSI. There is an option to add a user definable channel scanner option that is excellent for interference mitigation work in complicated RF environments.
- Handheld, battery-operated design
- Large daylight viewable transflective color display
- Built in pre-amplifier (standard)
- Lightweight at only 6.9 lbs (typical)
- Best in class Displayed Average Noise Level < -163 dBm typical in a 1 Hz resolution bandwidth at 1 GHz
- Quick Zoom-in, Zoom-out display in 1-2-5 sequence
- RBWs: 1 Hz to 3 MHz in 1-3 sequence
- VBWs: 1 Hz to 3 MHz in 1-3 sequence
- Automatic or manual input attenuator control
- Amplitude Accuracy +/- 0.5 dB typical
- Dedicated smart measurements
- Trace Averaging
- Normal, Max hold, Min hold, user settable averaging (more than 65,000 traces can be averaged!)
- Reference Level Offset
- Three traces
- Multilingual User Interface (English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Korean, Italian)
- Capability to create two custom languages using Master Software Tools and download the languages into the MS2721B
- Store over 1000 test set-ups internally
- Save over 1000 measurement traces internally
- Save directly to compact Flash or USB Flash Drive
- Alphanumeric labeling of saved measurements
- Automatic time and date stamp of saved data
- Rechargeable/field-replaceable Li-Ion battery
- 6 Markers plus 6 delta markers or choose one marker with 6 delta markers
- Multi-segmented upper and lower limit lines
- 50-ohm Interface standard (75-ohm interface capability - instrument internally corrects for adapter loss)
- RJ45 Ethernet 10/100 Base T and USB 2.0 Interfaces
- AM, FM and SSB demodulation with built-in speaker and headset jack
- Quasi peak detector with CISPR bandwidth included