The B&K Precision model 2640 is a battery operated, hand-held RF Field Strength Meter capable of measuring RF levels and electric field strength. The synthesizer-based design provides you with reliable measurements across a wide reception range of 100 kHz to 2000 MHz, a remarkably low noise floor of -110 dBm to detect weak signals and basic spectrum analyzer functionality. The 2640 provides field technicians and engineers with a cost-effective measurement tool for basic signal investigations at only a fraction of the cost of a full-featured conventional spectrum analyzer.
The user-friendly interface of the 2640 combined with convenient presets such as predefined filter settings and other special functions (e.g. squelch) commonly used in analog communication systems make the 2640 easy to use.
The B&K Precision 2640 supports RS 232C serial communication and includes software that can control the instrument from a personal computer. The user can save the instrument’s measurement data on the PC for further analysis.
The handheld RF Field Strength Analyzer is an ideal tool for field testing, installing and maintaining Mobile Telecommunications systems such as Cellular and Cordless Phone, CB Paging, Paging, Cable and Satellite TV Systems as well as performing antenna site measurements and maintenance.
- Battery-operated portability
- 100 kHz to 2 GHz measurement range with a maximum display span of 400MHz
- Hand-held and battery operated portability
- Built-in 2 GHz frequency counter
- Detects wide band (180kHz) and narrow band FM (12.5kHz) , AM & SSB (2.4kHz) signals
- Phase-locked loop for precise frequency tuning
- Up to 160 channels may be scanned and displayed
- Audio output of the detected signal with built-in speaker
- Detachable antenna included
- Back-lit display
- Storable setups and displays
- RS-232 Interface