The Models DC438 and DC436 12-bit digitizers set new standards in cost-effective CompactPCI-based high-resolution data acquisition by using the latest SiGe (silicon-germanium) technology.
The Model DC438 digitizer features two input channels with fast sample rates up to 200 MS/s and wide bandwidth of 100 MHz. The Model DC436 uses the same SiGe technology and overall architecture as the DC438 and it has sampling rates of up to 100 MS/s and 50 MHz bandwidth. Both units have long 4 Mpoint acquisition memories, while the DC438 also has a selectable 35 MHz bandwidth fi lter.
The DC438 and DC436 12-bit digitizers have their own crystal-controlled precision time base (better than ±2 ppm). Sampling rates can be chosen among a discrete number of values that cover the full range between 100 S/s up to 200 MS/s (100 MS/s for the DC436). The DC438 and DC436 flexibility in terms of sample rate selection and bandwidth combine to allow the high-resolution capture of signals up to 100 MHz (50 MHz) with a high spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR > 75 dB) and a high signal-to-noise ratio (SNR > 62 dB).
- 12-bit monolithic ADCs, SFDR > 75 dB, SNR > 62 dB
- Up to 100 MHz DC-coupled input
- Up to 100 MS/s sample rate
- 4 Mpoint acquisition memory
- External clock/reference input for custom or high-precision frequency standard
- 50 Ω mezzanine front end with large fullscale dynamic range and input protection
- Complete pre- and post-triggering
- Low dead-time (< 1 µs) sequential recording with time stamps
- Device drivers for Windows 95/98/NT4.0/ 2000/XP, VxWorks and Linux
- High-speed PCI bus transfers data to host PC at sustained rates up to 100 MB/s