The DC440 12-bit digitizer has its own crystal-controlled high-resolution precision time base. Sampling rates can be precisely tuned with a resolution better than 0.25% (500 kS/s in the 200-400 MS/s range) of the sampling frequency, in the full range between 100 S/s up to 400 MS/s.
This unusual time base flexibility is ideal for wideband frequency-related measurements allowing for easy demodulation processing of I/Q modulated carriers like the ones used in QAM or RF/IF digital receivers. The High Resolution Sample Rate (HRes SR) utilization ranges from IF sampling and wireless communication (and derivative applications) to radar identification.
The HRes SR can also be exploited to deliver a fine-grained adjustable distance/sample-period ratio in ranging applications. Specifically designed for wideband frequency-related measurements
- High-resolution, high-speed, dual-channel digitizer
- 12-bit monolithic ADCs, SFDR > 80 dB, SNR > 65 dB
- Up to 400 MS/s sample rate, simultaneous on two channels
- Fine-tuneable sample rate with a resolution better than 0.25% of the SR
- 100 MHz DC-coupled standard input, 300 MHz AC-coupled HF input
- 64 kpoint (4 Mpoint optional) acquisition memory per channel
- External clock/reference input for custom or high-precision frequency standard
- High-speed PCI bus transfers data to host PC at sustained rates up to 100 MB/s
- Modular, 6U CompactPCI® standard (PXI compliant)