Empower RF Systems 2170BRL Test is your authorized Empower distributer.
The Empower RF System 2170 Intellegent Amplifier (BBS4A6AUT ) is an L and S band microwave power amplifier suitable for multi-octave bandwidth high power CW, modulated, and pulse applications. This amplifier utilizes high power GaN devices that provide wide frequency response, high gain, high peak power capability, and low distortions. Exceptional performance, long-term reliability and high efficiency are achieved by employing advanced broadband RF matching networks and combining techniques, EMI/RFI filters, and all qualified components. The amplifier is constructed within one single 5RU drawer including the forced air-cooling. The system comes standard to operate from a three phase 208VAC line-to-line or optionally single phase 180-260VAC supply. The model 2170 is an ideal replacement for the common 500 watt and 1Kw 1Ghz to 2.5 Ghz TWT and is more reliable, has a longer life, better harmonic distortion, comparable in weight and size, and less expensive than the now obsolete TWTA in that band.
Although specified at 1 Kilowatt to 3 Ghz, this unit will provide over 600 V/m to 3.1 Ghz for Ford and GM Automotive Radiated Immunity testing as well as other demanding Test and Measurement Applications including:
- Radiated Immunity, EMI and EMC, TWT and TWTA replacement
- HIRF Ford 600V/m 1.2 to 1.4Ghz
- HIRF GM 600V/m 2.7 to 3.1Ghz
- Do-160 Section 20 including CW and Pulsed
- IEC 61000 4-3
- 200V/m and more for Mil STD 461 Radiated Susceptibility RS103
- Solid-state Class AB, compact modular design
- Suitable for CW, AM, FM, Pulse and some linear applications (Consult factory for other modulation types)
- Embedded directional coupler ? Eliminates the need for external component
- 50 ohm input/output impedance
- Built-in Control, Monitoring and Protection functions
- High reliability and ruggedness
What is an Intelligent Amplifier?
- Accurate input and output power metering based on user-selectable modulation mode
- With no software to install, monitor and control from your PC directly with peer-to-peer connection or on your local network
- Wifi control and monitoring by PC/Tablet/Smartphone when wireless router is connected to the amplifier ? no local network required
- Full access to internal metering helps identify system problems upstream, downstream, or internal to the amplifier
- Storage of user defined configurations for quick setup of your most common test scenarios
- Small size allows amplifier to be moved around as needed in your test environment
Automatic Gain Control (AGC) mode enables internal feedback to automatically fix the gain to the level you set so the amplifier gain remains flat across the broadband range of the amplifier. This mode simplifies your system design or test setup with benefits including:
- Input signal equalization for compensating gain variations no longer required
- Treat the amplifier as a calibrated gain block within your test equipment chain or system design
- Eliminate the need for external system measurements: couplers, power sensors,meter, and system software feedback loops
- Ideal for fast and accurate test setup and execution
Automatic Level Control (ALC) - when input signal varies, maintains user defined output without clipping.
Manual Gain Control (MGC) is the output power mode found in your typical high power RF amplifier. The amp is run in an open loop mode where the output power vs frequency changes due to device non linearities and variations of temperature. With this mode you can take advantage of the gain peaks to get the most output power available if your working in the associated frequency range.
User Output Power Control (Selectable)
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) - Utilizes internal feedback for flat gain output across the band
- Automatic Level Control (ALC) - when input signal varies, maintains user defined output without clipping
- Manual Gain Control (MGC) - user controls gain manually, runs like your typical amplifier in open loop
Measurement Modes (Selectable)
- The amplier reads the proper power level for your modulation type
- CW, CE (constant envelope modulation), FM, AM
- Digital Modulation- user inputs PAR (peak to average ratio)
- Multi-carrier / Multi-tone ? up to 16 tones
- Pulse Modulation
- Load VSWR 3:1 (6:1 at 1/2 Psat)
- Input Overdrive Protection
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Over/Under AC voltage protection
- Out of Band Drive Protection
Jon Jacocks explains how Empower amplifiers have disrupted the traditional radiated immunity set up by replacing it with a simple and elegant setup design. At the 2017 EMC SIPI symposium Washington DC with Thomas Stacy of BRL Test. BRL Test and Empower are working hand in hand to bring you the best amplifiers at the lowest possible price.
Options for 2170:
-001 208 VAC, 3-phase-Delta, 47-63 Hz, Rear RF Connectors
-002 28 VDC, Rear RF Connectors
-003 180-260 VAC, 1-phase, 47-63 Hz, Rear RF Connectors
-004 28 VDC, Front RF Connectors
-006 208 VAC, 3-phase-Delta, 47-63 Hz, Front RF Connectors
-007 180-260 VAC, 1-phase, 47-63 Hz, Front RF Connectors
Contact us for other available options.
-LCD Control, Ethernet & Serial Comm
-Main RF Connectors: Input [Type-N, F], Output [7/16-DIN, F]
-Sample Port: SMA-F [Forward & Reverse]
-Blanking/Gating Port: BNC-F
-Rack Slides, Handles and Rackmount Bracket