Empower RF Systems 2126BRL Test is your authorized Empower distributor.
Empower Model 2126 is a very high power RF amplifier, 20 MHz - 500 MHz, 1000W, suitable for multi-octave bandwidth high power CW, modulated, and pulsed applications. This amplifier utilizes high power LDMOS transistor devices that provide wide frequency response, high gain, high peak power capability, and low distortions. Exceptional performance, long-term reliability and high efficiency are achieved by employing advanced broadband RF matching networks and combining techniques, EMI/RFI filters, and all qualified components. The amplifier is constructed within one single 5RU drawer including the forced air-cooling. The system comes standard to operate from 180-260VAC single phase or optionally can be ordered with a three phase AC supply.
The amplifier includes a built-in control and monitoring system with front panel control via a touch screen or remote monitoring and control via LXI Lan interface. The Remote management and diagnostics are via an embedded web server allowing network managed site status and control simply by connecting the unit?s Ethernet port to a LAN using a standard web browser and the unit?s IP address (IPV4).
Empower RF?s ISO9001 Quality Assurance Program assures consistent performance and the highest reliability.
- Frequency 20 MHz - 500 MHz
- Output Power 1000 Watt
- Gain 60 dB
- Operating Voltage Vd 180-260 VAC
- Power Consumption Pd 6000 Watt
- Size R5U
- Modulation Type CW/FM/AM
- Solid-state linear design
- Suitable for CW, AM, FM, pulse, and digital modulation types
- Peak and Average detection, user selectable
- Compact Modular design, light weight
- 50 ohm input/output impedance
- Built-in Control, Monitoring and Protection functions
- High reliability and ruggedness
- Optional harmonic filter and spurious suppression via external switched filter bank (quoted separately)
- Ideal for Mil STD 461 200V/m Radiated Susceptibility RS103
- Radiated and Conducted immunity and other product testing applications
What is an Intelligent Amplifier?
- Accurate input and output power metering based on user-selectable modulation mode
- With no software to install, monitor and control from your PC directly with peer-to-peer connection or on your local network
- Wifi control and monitoring by PC/Tablet/Smartphone when wireless router is connected to the amplifier ? no local network required
- Full access to internal metering helps identify system problems upstream, downstream, or internal to the amplifier
- Storage of user defined configurations for quick setup of your most common test scenarios
- Small size allows amplifier to be moved around as needed in your test environment
Automatic Gain Control (AGC) mode enables internal feedback to automatically fix the gain to the level you set so the amplifier gain remains flat across the broadband range of the amplifier. This mode simplifies your system design or test setup with benefits including:
- Input signal equalization for compensating gain variations no longer required
- Treat the amplifier as a calibrated gain block within your test equipment chain or system design
- Eliminate the need for external system measurements: couplers, power sensors,meter, and system software feedback loops
- Ideal for fast and accurate test setup and execution
Automatic Level Control (ALC) - when input signal varies, maintains user defined output without clipping.
Manual Gain Control (MGC) is the output power mode found in your typical high power RF amplifier. The amp is run in an open loop mode where the output power vs frequency changes due to device non linearities and variations of temperature. With this mode you can take advantage of the gain peaks to get the most output power available if your working in the associated frequency range.
User Output Power Control (Selectable)
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) - Utilizes internal feedback for flat gain output across the band
- Automatic Level Control (ALC) - when input signal varies, maintains user defined output without clipping
- Manual Gain Control (MGC) - user controls gain manually, runs like your typical amplifier in open loop
Measurement Modes (Selectable)
- The amplier reads the proper power level for your modulation type
- CW, CE (constant envelope modulation), FM, AM
- Digital Modulation- user inputs PAR (peak to average ratio)
- Multi-carrier / Multi-tone ? up to 16 tones
- Pulse Modulation
- Load VSWR 3:1 (6:1 at 1/2 Psat)
- Input Overdrive Protection
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Over/Under AC voltage protection
- Out of Band Drive Protection
Jon Jacocks explains how Empower amplifiers have disrupted the traditional radiated immunity set up by replacing it with a simple and elegant setup design. At the 2017 EMC SIPI symposium Washington DC with Thomas Stacy of BRL Test. BRL Test and Empower are working hand in hand to bring you the best amplifiers at the lowest possible price.
Options for Empower 2126:
-003 208 VAC, 3-phase-Delta, 47-63 Hz, Rear RF Connectors
-004 28 VDC, Front RF Connectors
-005 28 VDC, Rear RF Connectors
-006 208 VAC, 3-phase-Delta, 47-63 Hz, Front RF Connectors
-007 180-260 VAC, 1-phase, 47-63 Hz, Front RF Connectors
-008 180-260 VAC, 1-phase, 47-63 Hz, Rear RF Connectors
-LCD Control, Ethernet & Serial Comm
-Main RF Connectors: Input [Type-N, F], Output [7/16-DIN, F]
-Sample Port: SMA-F [Forward & Reverse]
-Blanking/Gating Port: BNC-F
-Rack Slides, Handles and Rackmount Bracket