Empower RF Systems 2192 Overview
Empower RF Systems 2192BRL Test is your authorized Empower distributor.
Frequency 20-1000 MHz
Output Power 250 Watt
Gain 54 dB
Operating Voltage Vd 100-240 VAC
Power Consumption Pd 1500 Watt
Modulation Type CW, Pulse
The Empower 2192 is suitable for multi-octave bandwidth high power CW, modulated,
and pulse applications. This amplifier utilizes high power LDMOS devices that
provide wide frequency response, high gain, high peak power capability, and
low distortions. Exceptional performance, long-term reliability and high
efficiency are achieved by employing advanced broadband RF matching
networks and combining techniques, EMI/RFI filters, and all qualified
components. The amplifier is constructed within one single 3RU drawer
including the forced air-cooling. Available operating voltage configurations are
single-phase 100-240 VAC up to 400 Hz and 28 VDC.
The amplifier includes a built in control and monitoring system, with protection
functions which preserve high availability. Remote management and diagnostics are via an embedded web server allowing
network managed site status and control simply by connecting the unit?s Ethernet port to a LAN. Using a web browser and the
unit?s IP address (IPV4) allows ease of access with the benefit of multi-level security. The control system core runs an embedded
OS (Linux), has a built-in non-volatile memory for event recording, and factory setup recovery features. The extended memory
option allows storage of control parameters and event logs.
Empower RF?s ISO9001 Quality Assurance Program assures consistent performance and the highest reliability.
Solid-state linear design
Suitable for CW, AM, FM and pulse (Consult factory for other modulation types)
Compact Modular design
50 ohm input/output impedance
Built-in Control, Monitoring and Protection functions
High reliability and ruggedness
What is an Intelligent Amplifier?
- Accurate input and output power metering based on user-selectable modulation mode
- With no software to install, monitor and control from your PC directly with peer-to-peer connection or on your local network
- Wifi control and monitoring by PC/Tablet/Smartphone when wireless router is connected to the amplifier ? no local network required
- Full access to internal metering helps identify system problems upstream, downstream, or internal to the amplifier
- Storage of user defined configurations for quick setup of your most common test scenarios
- Small size allows amplifier to be moved around as needed in your test environment
Automatic Gain Control (AGC) mode enables internal feedback to automatically fix the gain to the level you set so the amplifier gain remains flat across the broadband range of the amplifier. This mode simplifies your system design or test setup with benefits including:
- Input signal equalization for compensating gain variations no longer required
- Treat the amplifier as a calibrated gain block within your test equipment chain or system design
- Eliminate the need for external system measurements: couplers, power sensors,meter, and system software feedback loops
- Ideal for fast and accurate test setup and execution
Automatic Level Control (ALC) - when input signal varies, maintains user defined output without clipping.
Manual Gain Control (MGC) is the output power mode found in your typical high power RF amplifier. The amp is run in an open loop mode where the output power vs frequency changes due to device non linearities and variations of temperature. With this mode you can take advantage of the gain peaks to get the most output power available if your working in the associated frequency range.
User Output Power Control (Selectable)
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) - Utilizes internal feedback for flat gain output across the band
- Automatic Level Control (ALC) - when input signal varies, maintains user defined output without clipping
- Manual Gain Control (MGC) - user controls gain manually, runs like your typical amplifier in open loop
Measurement Modes (Selectable)
- The amplier reads the proper power level for your modulation type
- CW, CE (constant envelope modulation), FM, AM
- Digital Modulation- user inputs PAR (peak to average ratio)
- Multi-carrier / Multi-tone ? up to 16 tones
- Pulse Modulation
- Load VSWR 3:1 (6:1 at 1/2 Psat)
- Input Overdrive Protection
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Over/Under AC voltage protection
- Out of Band Drive Protection
Jon Jacocks explains how Empower amplifiers have disrupted the traditional radiated immunity set up by replacing it with a simple and elegant setup design. At the 2017 EMC SIPI symposium Washington DC with Thomas Stacy of BRL Test. BRL Test and Empower are working hand in hand to bring you the best amplifiers at the lowest possible price.
Options for 2192 :