Select Fabricators Overview
Select Fabricators RF / EMI Shielding Curtain
Select-a-Shield™ RF / EMI shielding curtains
are ideal for numerous confined area RFID Shielding applications, pre-compliance testing, secure communications* and temporary shielding situations.
SELECT has developed specialized RF / EMI shielding curtains or partitions that can be used to create your own unique shielding environment. Design projects include shielding windows from RF, isolating personnel & equipment from electromagnetic exposure, safeguarding radar assemblies with EM reflective covers, and improving RFID scan accuracy through the use of shielding strip curtains mounted outside scanner tunnels on an assembly line.
Select-a-Shield RF / EMI curtains are made in the USA of US materials including our proprietary RoHS compliant, lightweight Silver/Copper/Nickel fabric. This durable fabric has an average shielding effectiveness of -85 dB in the range of 30 MHz to 1 GHz and an average -80 dB in the range of 1 GHz to 11 GHz. State-of-the-art metallic plating processes provide protection against galvanic corrosion and a finish coating eliminates stress cracking concerns.
DBA-SheildSelect Options for Enhanced Effectiveness
Shielding effectiveness of SELECT RF / EMI curtain systems can be increased with proper grounding techniques and by minimizing or eliminating gaps that allow RF leakage.
Curtains can be customized to your unique requirements. Choose from:
Series 8000—Ceiling Mounted Roller Track
- Single or Double layer conductive fabric
- ESD (Electrostatic Dissipative) fabric layer(s)
- RF shielding ceiling covers & RF shielding window covers
- Grounding straps
- Copper foil tape
- Clean to IEST-STD-CC1246E
- RF shielded vents
- Curtain attachment options:
- Hook & Loop
Made from extruded 6063 aluminum with commercial clear coated Silver Satin finish with carriers, end stops, and other accessories for a complete, operational track system. Nylon parts are extremely durable and will not rust or break. All nylon parts have UV inhibitors.
- Extruded aluminum track channel (1 3/8″ x 1 3/16″) Track channel is either curved or straight in continuous lengths up to 16 feet
- Two Wheel Cubicle Carriers made of two self-lubricating nylon wheels, nylon axle, tangle-free nylon swivel stem and hard nickel-plated steel hook reduces jamming
- Plastic End Cap with removable gate: Nylon cap has a removable gate to permit access to track carriers
- Aluminum Splices
- 90° & 45° bends: Bends have an approximate 12” radius
Series 7000—Freestanding and Ceiling Mounted Roller Track
- Beam or Chain Support Mount: Attaches to a beam or any member immediately above the top level of the curtain
- Ceiling Mount: Attaches directly to ceiling or any flat horizontal surface directly above the curtain
- Floor Column (Free Standing): Permits erection of screens in any area
- Threaded Rod Bracket: Use when no easily accessible structures are near the track. Threaded rod attaches to the ceiling heights significantly above the track system’s
- Wall Mount: Attaches vertical surfaces. May be used with other mounting techniques
- Beam Flange Connectors: Allows attachment to roof truss sections, beams, and channels. Secured with edge clamps and set screws
- Nylon Roller with 1/2″ hook
- Roller Track
- Radius Curved Track
- Wireless Device Testing
- Shielded Windows
- Shielding Racks
- Industrial Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n Commercial – Enterprise, RFID
- Warehouse, Logistics and Distribution Centers with RFID inventory control
- Tool Cribs with RFID inventory control
- Automotive 3G, 4G, LTE, Cellular
- Aerospace & Defense
- EMP Protection
- Medical equipment shielding
- Conductive shipping protection
Contact us with your application requirements. RF isolation is one part of a complete secure communications protocol. firstname.lastname@example.org
*RF isolation is one part of a complete secure communications protocol. Please make sure your operation is in compliance with all sections of the protocol.